An EAP programme offers support to staff struggling with personal or work-related problems.
Previously, we looked at employee assistance programmes in our guide. But here, we’re taking a closer look at the benefits for your business and workforce.
What’s the employee assistance programme capable of?
EAP for employees provides a selection of online, phone, and in-person services to your workforce. This typically relates to personal, financial, or mental health issues.
All you need is an EAP provider (such as Bright EAP and you’re set to go. The service will provide your employees with:
- Counselling in-house with consultants.
- Opportunity for cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT).
- 24/7, 365 support.
- Support across email, one-to-one counselling, and an EAP helpline via phone.
- Assistance with finances, including debt-related issues.
- Mental health assessment tools and online physicals.
- Occupational assessments.
- An online health portal and/or app for support on the go.
The idea is for employees who are feeling stressed to go and get assistance, which is readily available through your business.
And with modern technology, your staff members can get all expert professional and personal advice direct to their smartphone. That’s available in app form.
They’ll receive notifications regarding any appointments, or to suggest they ring the wellbeing and counselling helpline.
What are EAP benefits?
You can expect all manner of positives from using an EAP at work. Some of the main advantages include:
- Improving employee morale.
- Reducing staff turnover.
- Reduce costs due to poor performance.
- Boost productivity.
- EAP child care helps to alleviate the stress of parenthood.
- Have a happier and healthier workforce, making for greater productivity.
- Discourage absenteeism and presenteeism.
An EAP is also something of a modern perk for employees. Overall the work-life balance EAP offers is enormously beneficial for them.
Overall with an EAP, stress reduction is a noticeable and important long-term benefit.
Employee assistance program benefits have a far-reaching affect for your business, too. For example, it can help to:
- Improve your retention rates: Happier employees mean they’re be eager to stay with your business. * Boost productivity**: With a happy and healthy workforce, you can look forward to rising levels of success for your business.
- Reduce absenteeism: If your staff is healthy, there will be a reduction in the amount of days off they have. As absences are a major source of profit loss for your business, this can only be a good thing.
- Attract the best job candidates: It’s a major perk to have and many employees are increasingly looking for perks such as this at the best businesses.
But how much does an EAP programme cost? Well, this can vary depending on the size of your team. But, as a rough estimate, it can cost around £25 for every employee you have on an annual basis.
So EAP cost can be quite high if you have an extensive workforce. So you should consider this along with the long-term cost saving benefits it provides.
Your employee assistance programme cost, of course, is free for your staff.
That’s one of the draws of it, as it saves them time from having to visit their doctor. Instead, it’s available straight away.
Want to try out an EAP?
We’re one of the leading EAP providers for small businesses. You can request a demo of our EAP services if you’re eager to take advantage of the many benefits it provides.