Who are we?
BrightHR is a people management software company and we’re blazing a trail for brilliant workplace cultures. We take huge pride in what we do and strive to be brilliant.
We offer a software as a service solution that enables businesses to effortlessly implement HR processes, from approving holidays, logging sickness and tracking lateness, managing the workforce rota & shifts, and organising HR documents 24 hours a day 365 days a year. We also provide specialist knowledge on so many topics from employment law to happiness!
Who are we looking for:
We're looking for a Finance Assistant to assist with day-to-day transactions, including sales, purchase Ledger, bank reconciliation and preparation of the monthly management accounts.
The ideal candidate will be numerate, adept on relevant computer applications and possess good communication skills. You will also have the ability to work efficiently and accurately and effectively prioritize a demanding workload in a busy working environment.
· Accurately input & check new client contract data to the Contract Database (Unity)
· Direct debit administration; set-up, amend & remove details as necessary.
· Liaise with clients/banks where appropriate
· Accurately post cash receipts and adjustments to the sales ledger
· Bank reconciliation
· Import Data from Client Database to Accounting System & record the transaction details
· Accurately matching, batching and coding invoices
· Expense administration and approval
· Statement reconciliation and query resolution
· Running weekly reports for missing documents on Dimensions and attaching as necessary
· Assist in preparation of VAT and other statutory returns
· Assist in the preparation of management accounts
What you Bring to the Team
· Previous experience in a finance assistant role is essential
· Ability to organise & prioritise workload in order to meet strict deadlines
· Be able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of financial reporting procedures
· Ability to organise, manipulate and present large volumes of data using Excel spreadsheets
· Can work on own initiative and under pressure