Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a Senior User Experience Designer to be based in our Manchester office. We build products for 3 countries on 4 platforms, with 5 delivery teams delivering continuously. You will be joining an established and highly skilled design, research and experience team that delivers a truly superb user experience to our consumers. We work in cross-functional product teams, in a truly agile way, delivering small increments of value to our customers very frequently.
Do you have a degree in UX Design, Human computer interaction or a related subject with 3-4 years commercial UX and creative design experience? Have you experience of designing web and mobile app based solutions? Are you self-motivated with a strong work ethic and can work with limited guidance… but superb support? Do you want to share ideas, innovate and grow as a member of our talented UX and Design team? If you are a collaborator, a communicator and have buckets of enthusiasm this is the role for you.
- Identification, analysis and design of exceptional experiences across a portfolio of products
- Understanding of different web and mobile platforms and how user experience and design are specific to the platform
- Able to design and implement an Information architecture that delivers a superb user experience
- Proficient in all of the Adobe Creative Suite products
- Experience in user testing and user centred design processes
- Work as part of an agile delivery team, collaborating with user research, business analysis, quality assurance to deliver a product
- Able to communicate a complicated problem succinctly accurately and coherently to a team with different skill sets.
- Exhibit cross functional behaviour and support other competencies within the company
- Able to negotiate and compromise solutions and find the balance between best practice, and longer term delivery deadlines
- Ability to communicate with many roles in the business in a way that can easily be understood, to negotiate with the senior and inexperienced colleagues to determine what should be built.
- Demonstrate, discuss and permeate current good practice in the skills specific to your professional family across other members of your professional family
- Interpret user insights, map user journeys create wireframes, site maps, design and prototype interfaces.
- Managing multiple priorities over a range of features balancing demand against delivery.
- Identify user needs and pain points from data and research insights and assure they meet customers’ requirements
- Lead features delivery from concept to launch working closely with User Researchers, Product Owners, Business Analysts and Developers.
- Identify opportunities for improvements in the user experience of the current product
- Driving user centred design and development throughout the team.
- Able to conduct user testing pre and post release
- You take responsibility for the entire lifecycle of delivery from idea, marketing, sales and operation
In return we offer you a fantastic workplace with all the support you need to grow as a professional working with some of the best! With regular social events and a generous benefits package, we believe in making sure our employees know how brilliant we think they are.
Apply for this job today by sending your CV & a short introductory paragraph to
, or get in touch to find out more.