We know that right now is an uncertain time for small business owners. So we have put together this resource hub to help you manage the pandemic in your workplace. Here you can find all your free essential guidance.
- Coronavirus toolkit Including three essential documents for managing COVID-19 in your workplace.
- Template | DSE Self Assessment Use this handy Display Screen Equipment Self Assessment Questionnaire template for staff who are remote working.
- Template | Short-term Homeworking Viability Test Checklist Use this form to assess the viability of short-term working from home and the suitability of the home workplace.
- Webinar | Reopening your workplace post lockdown We explain how to reopen your workplace safely post lockdown. (19/11/2020)
- Webinar | The extended Job Retention Scheme—explained We explain how the extended furlough scheme will work, whether you can furlough staff for the first time and if it's possible to rehire staff and put them on furlough. (17/11/2020)
- Webinar | COVID-19: Latest employer updates We explain the latest COVID-19 employer updates. (08/10/2020)
- Webinar | How to manage your staff post-lockdown Now that the government is pushing for more employers to bring their staff back to work, we answer your question on how best to manage your staff post-lockdown. (17/09/2020)
- Webinar | Update on the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme Find out the latest updates to the government's Job Retention Scheme. (03/09/2020)
- Webinar | Reopening your workplace after lockdown Find out how to get your staff back to work safely after the coronavirus lockdown. (19/05/2020)
- Webinar | Furlough: Your next steps How to manage on-going furlough and the next steps to reopening your business. (05/05/2020)
- Webinar | How to keep track of staff working from home Never had to manage employees who are working from home before? Don’t worry, we explain everything you need to know in this practical webinar. (31/03/2020)
- E-learning Course | Coronavirus: What you need to know This e-learning course cuts through the confusion by offering an in-depth look at what a coronavirus is and what makes COVID-19 unique.
- E-learning Course | Display Screen Equipment Take our e-learning course to make sure you’re competent and confident to carry out display screen equipment assessments to ensure they comply with the relevant regulations. Once you've accessed the course, the URL link for each course can be copied and sent to all members of staff.
- E-learning Course | Lone Working Learn how to reduce the risks and hazards associated with lone working in this simple e-learning course. Once you've accessed the course, the URL link for each course can be copied and sent to all members of staff.
- E-learning Course | Homeworking Risk Assessment With lots more employees working from home, this straightforward e-learning course covers everything you need to know, from legal duties to electrical safety and accident reporting.
- Coronavirus handwashing poster Guidance on how to avoid catching or spreading coronavirus.
- Video | Top tips for working from home Check out our video for some top tips for employees working from home.
- Blog | BrightHR data shows a rise in 2021 holiday requests after COVID-19 vaccine news Prepare for a holiday-booking rush in your business with our new data insights…
- Blog | New report reveals the extent of cancelled annual leave in 2020 We’ve crunched the numbers in our BrightHR system to see how the coronavirus and lockdown impacted employee annual leave in 2020. Take a look at what we found…
- Blog | How to save your workplace Christmas party this year Typical parties may be out of the question, but you can still celebrate safely with your team…
- Blog | Q&A: I made staff redundant before the furlough extension. What can I do? The furlough scheme has been extended until the end of March 2021. But what do you do if you’d made staff redundant before this was announced? Here’s everything you need to know.
- Blog | Second lockdown and the furlough scheme extension: everything you need to know England is officially going under a second lockdown and the furlough scheme has been extended across the whole of the UK. Here’s what employers need to know now.
- Blog | New COVID-19 restrictions in the UK—explained The government has announced lots of new restrictions across the UK to slow the spread of coronavirus—and it can feel hard to keep up. Let’s break down exactly what’s changed and where.
- Blog | How to keep staff safe while working from home Whether they’re in the office or working from home, employers need to manage health & safety for all their staff. Read on to learn how to get it right in your business…
- Blog | Mental health and the pandemic: it’s time to talk For World Mental Health Day 2020 we looked at how we can all support each other more as we continue to face the challenge of the coronavirus pandemic.
- Blog | Last week’s government COVID-19 announcements and what they mean for you Last week the government announced new COVID-19 rules. Let’s take a look at the three big changes that will impact employers.
- Blog | Q&A: Many of my staff are parents. What happens if their child is told to self-isolate? If your staff have school-aged children, this latest Q&A the Bright Way is a must-read…
- Blog | Supporting staff back into the workplace New health & safety measures make your business COVID-secure, but the changes can be intimidating for staff. Let’s look at ways to ease the transition from home to the workplace.
- Blog | How to prepare your business for the end of the furlough scheme The furlough scheme is winding down. Read on to find out how to get your staff back to work—and what to do if that’s not possible.
- Blog | How to keep staff energised if they're still working from home We explore how to keep your staff energised and productive if the current climate means they’re working from home for the long-term.
- Blog | Help! My employee won’t come into work in local lockdown. What do I do? A local lockdown prevents people from being indoors with anyone from a different household—so what does this mean for the workplace?
- Blog | HMRC clamps down on furlough fraud We explain how to make sure you’re following furlough rules in line with the law.
- Blog | COVID-19 Q&A: My employee’s booked a holiday to Spain, what can I do? Read on to find out what our employment law expert advises…
- Blog | COVID-19: 5 legal updates you need to knowRead our blog to get up-to-speed with the latest rules and regulations…
- Blog | What to do if an employee refuses to return to work post-lockdown We’ve got the answers to help you navigate this tricky situation…
- Blog | Reopen your business safely with BrightSafe Get expert help to meet the latest health & safety guidelines…
- Blog | New furlough measures announced—here’s what’s changing and when BrightHR breaks down all the essential detail from the Chancellor’s announcement…
- Blog | How BrightHR helps you get your business back to work There’s a lot of preparation that needs to go into reopening your business. But don’t worry, we’re here to help…
- Blog | Return to work: Why it’s important to stagger shift times To get back to work as safely as possible, you might consider alternating start times for your staff. Here’s why.
- Blog | Furlough Navigator The latest feature from BrightHR to help small businesses navigate through the furlough process with ease.
- Blog | Q&A Can my employees claim expenses while working from home? In this latest edition of Q&A the Bright way, we clear up any confusion around homeworkers and expense claims.
- Blog | COVID-19: Supporting your staff's wellbeing How to support your staff's wellbeing when working from home.
- Blog | Coronavirus Q&A Some of my staff can’t work because they need to look after their children. What should I do? With schools closed across the UK and Ireland due to the COVID-19 outbreak, we explain how to handle parents taking time off work for dependants.
- Blog | How BrightHR helps you manage COVID-19 in your workplace Our software and services are here to support you. Find out more.
- Blog | COVID-19 pandemic: Updates to holiday carryover rules The UK government has announced new changes to holiday carryover rules in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Read our blog to find out how the new rules will affect your business.
- Back to work factsheet for employers Find out how to get your staff back to work safely after the coronavirus lockdown.
- Coronavirus factsheet for employers To help you stay up-to-date with the latest government guidance.
- Coronavirus glossary of key terms There are lots of new terms as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. To help you get your head around the most important ones, we’ve put together this in-depth glossary.
- Guidance | COVID-19 Emergency funding An overview of the emergency funding that has been announced to help small businesses.
- Guidance | Business closures Guidance sheet following the announcement on the 20th March that many businesses including pubs, restaurants, and clubs must close.
- Guidance | Short-term homeworking With an increasing demand for employees to work from home, this guidance indicates the minimum health and safety requirements to ensure employees can safely work from home.
Remember to check back here for the most recent employment news and resources.